Saturday, June 11, 2011

Cafe Christine in Christiansted





Cafe Christine and Apothecary Hall Courtyard welcomed us with sunny skies and even a slight breeze. Our little group of Sondra, Carolyn, Elwin, and I were delighted to welcome back Janet Bell and Pat Holloway and reacquaint them with all the island happenings that'd occurred since they'd left. It was good to have them back. Christine checked out our artwork several times, commenting on the subject matter. She'd seen me taking pictures of her cats and asked why I wasn't doing a painting of one of them. I told her they wouldn't pose long enough but promised that I'd try to do a painting of her cat Lily, who'd been on the prowl and roaming around us several times. Lunch at Cafe Christine's was delightful, as always. Christine let us know that we only have 2 weeks and 3 days left to eat again at her restaurant before she leaves for her French hiatus, so maybe we'll go there for lunch again next week?







No comments: