Saturday, June 20, 2009

Palletteers on the beach at Gentle Winds









































We had
a bright and gorgeous morning on Friday when we painted on the grounds of Gentle Winds condos. The beach and pool were pristine, the breezes strong and cooling, and our various spectators friendly and welcoming. My favorite of the latter was a little girl, probably 3 or 4 years old, who, after looking at my oil painting efforts, proudly proclaimed: "I color!" Aha, another artist-in-the-making! I told her that I did too, when I was her age, and my favorite gift had been a box of 64 crayons! Her dad and I both laughed at that one! Do they have bigger boxes nowadays? I know they have more delicious colors! Our morning went all too quickly and before we knew it it was "Show and Tell" time... a few unfinished paintings but all good reminders of another great painting morning. We topped off our morning with poolside lunches from the Gentle Winds snack stand.
Ginger

No comments: