Friday, October 2, 2009

Palletteers at the Palms at Pelican Cove

I have to learn to be careful what I say! This morning I was reminded that I've said that it never rains on the Palletteers' painting mornings. We'll this morning almost proved me wrong. I arrived at The Palms at Pelican Cove in the pouring rain and had to sit in my car for 10 minutes until it stopped. After it stopped I unpacked my painting stuff, met up with a few other Palletteers who'd arrived, and went looking for a painting site. The sky still looked like it would open up any minute, so instead of looking for a site that would provide shade, we looked for sites that would provide shelter. As you can see, we all found what we'd been looking for, and as the morning ran its course, the sun came out and had us exclaiming what a beautiful day it'd turned into. So if you notice a slight discrepancy in our paintings between the broody sky and the bright beach, you'll know you're not imagining things! I do want to note that after we got back to our cars after lunch, the sky opened up once again.. hmm.. doesn't that prove that I was right? it really didn't rain while we painted; it only rained before we'd started and after we'd finished.
Elizabeth brought the page of minis she'd been having fun with to show the group. Ginger

No comments: