Monday, January 4, 2010

Palletteers Return to Christiansted Boardwalk









We met once again on a Saturday morning this past week because Friday was New Year's Day. We thought Christiansted would be really quiet since the adult parade was taking place in Frederiksted, so we were surprised at all the people walking by as we painted on the boardwalk. The day was absolutley gorgeous... even radiant! This was a welcome change from the rainly overcast weather we'd been having since mid-week. We have such beautiful and captivating views from our waterfront.. the boats on their moorings, the little cafes on the boardwalk, Protestant Cay and its related activities, and the people walking to and fro.. it's all so interesting! I think I could set up my easel there every week for the next year and find a new subject that captures my eye each time. I love it! We were all happy to meet our newest Palletteer, 92 year old Harriet who hails from Poughkeepsie, NY and paints in oils. The snowbirds will be arriving in the next few weeks.. we're looking forward to seeing them all again. Today I'm playing tourist.. maybe I'll find another neat place for us to paint!
Ginger

No comments: