Sunday, April 11, 2010

Palletteers at the Buccaneer

The wind.. that was our biggest challenge on Friday when we painted on the beautiful grounds of the Buccaneer Hotel. The day was gloriously clear and the sea was that special shade of piercing blue, so I'm not complaining. But the wind grabbed and threw my palette to the ground, flung paint at me, tossed my brushes, and kept fluttering my paintbrush as I tried to paint. Ah, the joys of plein air! Despite this challenge, we all got lovely paintings out of the morning.. in fact, during our "show and tell" one island visitor came by and, falling in love with Sondra's painting, bought it on the spot! About 16 of us stayed for lunch.. our group keeps getting smaller and smaller, with a few more of our members heading to the states this coming week. We love all our snowbirds and really hate to see them go... Safe travels.




















No comments: