Monday, October 31, 2011

Cramers Park

Cramers Park is one of St. Croix's "public" beaches. Of course, all the beaches in the VI are public, so the difference with Cramers is that it's maintained by the VI government. It has a big building that houses changing rooms and bathrooms... all very clean each time I've been there. It also has a parking area nearby and covered pavilions that contain picnic tables. If I'm not mistaken, some of them also have grills nearby. The beach has lifeguard stands which is unique for St. Croix. Cramers has a nice, clean sandy beach, with palm and sea grape trees for those seeking shade. The surf is gentle, the sea bottom is sandy, and there's no sudden drop-off so this an ideal place if you want to enjoy a good swim. I guess one of the drawbacks to Cramers is that it's at the extreme eastern end of the island... but for those willing to take the drive, the reward is worth it! Oh, did I mention that it also has a fantastic northern view that includes Buck Island?












You never know what you'll come across on our beaches, but I'll have to admit that these chickens and roosters were a surprise to me! Ha!

No comments: